The closed-back NightOwl Carbon further advances the state of the headphone art, replacing NightHawk’s sound-diffusing grille with an intelligently designed aperiodic damping system for excellent isolation of external noise.
Hidden beneath the central circular portion of NightOwl’s earcups, a vent runs along the perimeter of each dome and exits through a hidden airflow-resistive port. Thus, unlike other headphones that use a sealed enclosure, NightOwl is designed to effectively relieve the buildup of pressure, allowing the drivers to breathe freely, ensuring that any impulses quickly return to an innocuous resting state—with no ringing, oscillation, or resonance.
Audioquest NightOwl Carbon
- Impedance: 25 ohms
- Sensitivity: 99dBSPL / mW
- Power Handling: 1.5W
- Weight: 346g (12.2 oz.)
- Driver: 50mm Dynamic - Biocellulose Diaphragm - 1.2T Split-Gap Motor
- Cable Specifications:
- Length: 4.25' (1.3m)
- Conductors: Long Grain Copper
- Jacket: Flexible, Non-Braided, Kink-Free, Non-Microphonic
- Terminations: 3.5mm TRRS to Dual 2.5mm Mono, Direct-Silver Plated Tellurium Copper (TeCu)
- Discrete Microphone and Smartphone Controls
- Adaptor (included):3.5mm to 1/4", Direct-Silver Plated High-Purity