The vast majority of high end preamplifiers available today are direct descendents of products that have been made for decades, rooted in an all-analog world.
The CP-800 is something new. It combines key building blocks of a contemporary high-end audio system in a unique way to improve and shorten the signal path. New technologies are applied to realize the benefits of modern computer-based audio.
Now, a CD ripped to a computer can sound better than if played in a CD player; convenient and feature-rich access to your music library is possible with state-of-the-art playback; a Classé-designed Switch Mode Power Supply (SMPS) with Power Factor Correction (PFC) delivers higher performance at a lower price; there is no compromise at an affordable price. And there is much more…
CP-800 Stereo Preamplifier / Processor
- Frequency response 8 Hz - 200 kHz < 1 dB, stereo digital bypass 8 Hz - 20 kHz < 0.5 dB, all other sources
- Channel Matching better than 0.05 dB (left to right)
- Distortion (THD+noise) .0005%, digital source/bypassed analog source .002%, processed analog source
- Maximum input level 2 Vrms (DSP), 4.5 Vrms (bypass) (single-ended) Maximum input level 4 Vrms (DSP), 9 Vrms (bypass) (balanced) Maximum output level 9 Vrms (single-ended)
- Maximum output level 18 Vrms (balanced)
- Gain Range -100 dB to +14 dB
- Input impedance 50 kΩ (balanced) 100 kΩ (single-ended)
- Output impedance 300 Ω (balanced), (main output) 100 Ω (single-ended)